Below are a few quick how-to steps to follow that will ensure you get the most from your FLONASE SENSIMIST.
HOW TO OPEN FLONASE SENSIMIST
If you're new to Flonase Sensimist, you might be surprised how secure the tamper-resistant packaging is. But opening Flonase Sensimist is simple once you get the hang of it.
- Take a pair of scissors.
- Find the scissors icon in the top right corner of the pack.
- Cut along the top, up the side, and along the bottom. Remember, the edges of the package can be sharp, so use caution. Now it's easy to remove the Flonase Sensimist bottle and instructions.
Don't forget: The rest of the packaging can be recycled. When used daily, Flonase Sensimist Allergy Relief continues to provide powerful relief, 24 hours a day
HOW TO USE FLONASE SENSIMIST
In order for Flonase Sensimist to work the way it was meant to, it is important you get a full dose every time. Let's find out how.
- Before each use, shake your bottle of Flonase Sensimist vigorously.
- With your thumb and forefinger, gently squeeze the sides of the cap and pull it straight off.
- When you’re starting a new bottle or if you haven't used the bottle on 30 days, if the cap has been left off for five or more days, or if the device doesn't seem to be working, your bottle needs to be primed.
- Pick up the bottle.
- Aim away from your face and pump until a fine mist appears. If you pump six times without seeing a mist, the spray nozzle may be clogged and may need to be cleaned.
- Before using Flonase Sensimist, blow your nose gently to clear your nostrils.
- Put the tip of the spray bottle into your nostril and tilt your head forward while keeping the bottle upright. Only the tip should go inside. Be sure to aim slightly away from the center of your nose. Remember, Flonase Sensimist is only to be used in the nose. Do not spray in your eyes.
- While sniffing gently, press the button all the way in twice. You may feel a light mist in your nose.
- Breathe out through your mouth and repeat the other nostril.
- To clean your Flonase Sensimist, simply wipe the spray nozzle dry with a clean tissue.
- Replace the cap and store until you're ready for your next dose.
Remember: when used daily, Flonase Sensimist Allergy Relief continues to provide powerful relief 24 hours a day
HOW TO CLEAN FLONASE SENSIMIST
Keeping a clean spray nozzle helps to ensure a full dose. After each use, be sure to wipe the nozzle with a clean dry tissue. Never try to clean the nozzle with water, a pin, or a sharp object. This will damage the nozzle. And once a week, make sure to clean the inside of the cap with a clean dry tissue. This helps keep the nozzle from getting blocked.
A clean spray nozzle helps ensure a full dose.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE FLONASE SENSIMIST ALLERGY RELIEF
Always follow the dosage instructions to ensure that you’re using FLONASE Sensimist Allergy Relief correctly.
Dosage for Adults
For the first week, use two sprays in each nostril once daily. For the second week through the next six months, use one to two sprays in each nostril once daily as needed. Talk to your doctor about whether you should continue using FLONASE Sensimist after six months of use.
Dosage for Children
For children ages two to 11, use one spray in each nostril once daily under the supervision of an adult. Children should use FLONASE Sensimist for the shortest period necessary for symptom relief. An adult should supervise use of 1 spray in each nostril once daily. The growth rate of some children may be slower while using this product.
Talk to your doctor if the child needs to use FLONASE Sensimist for longer than two months per year. For children under the age of two, DO NOT USE FLONASE Sensimist.