Be greater than your allergies
TAGS: Living with allergies
HOW AN AIR PURIFIER CAN HELP WITH YOUR INDOOR ALLERGIES
You may be familiar with common outdoor allergens like pollen, but many people also suffer from indoor allergies. An air purifier for allergies can help ease your indoor allergy symptoms.1
WHAT AIR PURIFIERS DO FOR ALLERGIES
What do air purifiers do, and how do they help reduce indoor allergens? In short, air purifiers for allergies do just that, purify the air. With so many irritating particles, air purifiers help filter the air from particles that could potentially cause allergy symptoms.1 This, in turn, improves air quality and benefits those suffering from allergies indoors.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF AIR PURIFIERS
Not all air purifiers are the same, and some are specially made for specific purposes. Here are some types of air purifiers on the market.
- Mechanical Air Purifiers – The fans inside mechanical air purifiers force air through a filter that holds on to indoor allergens like dust mites and pet dander.2
- Electronic Air Purifiers – Particles in the air are trapped with electric charges that attract indoor allergens into the system.2
- Hybrid Air Purifiers – These are a combination of a mechanical air purifier and an electronic air purifier.2
- Ozone Generators – While these air purifiers filter the air for allergens, they also create ozone byproduct at levels higher than the acceptable level set by the Code of Federal Regulations. This type of air purifier is not recommended to help alleviate indoor allergy symptoms.2
AFTER CHOOSING AN AIR PURIFIER FOR ALLERGIES
By cleaning the air of indoor airborne allergens, air purifiers can improve air quality for allergy sufferers, both day and night. Once you’ve chosen the right air purifier for your allergy symptoms, allergens like pet dander and dust could be filtered before they reach your lungs.1
1. AAFA. Indoor Air Quality and Allergies. https://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=24&cont=344. Accessed May 5, 2015.
2. AAFA. Portable Air Cleaners. https://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=8&sub=16&cont=37. Accessed April 21, 2015.